With the weather nice enough to start enjoying more time outside, it can make coming back indoors a drag. Want to freshen up your furniture without breaking the bank? Why not start with one of the smallest pieces of furniture. It’s also a plus that it is the easiest to move.
Whether you call it an end table, side table, occasional table, or even a nightstand or bedside table, these pieces are as interchangeable as their names. Who says your end table has to stay where it’s been living all winter?
Before you start thinking big-picture about your living room and those bad memories come flooding back of the last time you tried to lift your sofa. Stop. No other furniture has to relocate. This can be done in an afternoon and it is as easy as cleaning out a few drawers (which wouldn’t hurt anyway, right?).
Here are some tips to get the creative juices flowing:
1. Two (or more) can be better than one. Swap out your coffee table for two side tables.
2. Benches can be occasional tables too. Use in place of your coffee table and it doubles as more seating at parties.
3. Small tables are a great place to introduce colors, anywhere and everywhere. Putting your red end table in your bedroom could completely re-inspire the space.
4. Get over the idea that nightstands have drawers and side tables don’t. You may love having a convenient drawer to house your remotes and magazines rather than having them chill on the coffee table. “Androgynous” tables exist out there that successfully bridge the gap between the two.
5. Every transition takes a little time to get used to. When you become so familiar with something, it’s hard to see it out of context. Ask a friend, they’ll give you their honest take on your redo.
Try something new, and if it doesn’t work out, at the end of the day you will still end up with an organized drawer and a bicep workout. Happy rearranging!
To see more options, check out “What’s Hot”.